This year I have not reported on my Intarsia project. Much like I did in past years, I spent a couple of months making Intarsia with one big difference, this year it was mainly for me. The subject I chose is simple, a stylized tulip flower. As simple as it seemed at first, I had difficulty matching parts. Before I finished, I had made five of the same design, and I had just as much trouble matching the fifth as I did the first. Clearly I am doing something wrong.
One huge benefit came from the Christmas present I bought for myself i.e. a Dewalt scroll saw. The saw is not my problem. I studied Youtube videos of Intarsia Masters giving advice on how to cut and match pieces in order to improve my technique. I used many of the suggestions from the videos, but still had trouble.
I switched to experimenting with scroll saw blades to improve. Also, not the problem. I began making cuts at an angle so the lines would have less wood in contact, things improved, but not to my total satisfaction. At the end, I was pleased with the final result, but not pleased with my progress as an Intarsia artist.
You tell me in the poll below which flower you like the best.