FOOTBALL IS COMING SOON
1. “Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble the football” – John Heisman
2. “I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.” – Bear Bryant / Alabama
3. “It isn’t necessary to see a good tackle, you can hear it!” – Knute Rockne / Notre Dame
4. “At Georgia Southern, we don’t cheat. That costs money, and we don’t have any.” – Erik Russell / Georgia Southern
5. “The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.” – Lou Holtz / Arkansas – Notre Dame
6. “When you win, nothing hurts.” – Joe Namath / Alabama
7. “A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.” – Frank Leahy / Notre Dame
8. “There’s nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.” – Woody Hayes / Ohio State
9. “I don’t expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation.” – Bob Devaney / Nebraska
10. “In Alabama , an atheist is someone who doesn’t believe in Bear Bryant.”
– Wally Butts / Georgia
11. “I never graduated from Iowa. But I was only there for two terms – Truman’s and Eisenhower’s.” – Alex Karras / Iowa
12. “My advice to defensive players is to take the shortest route to the ball, and arrive in a bad humor.” – Bowden Wyatt / Tennessee
13. “I could have been a Rhodes Scholar except for my grades.” – Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State
14. “Always remember Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David.” – Shug Jordan / Auburn
15. “I asked Darrell Royal, the coach of the Texas Longhorns, why he didn’t recruit me .” He said,”Well, Walt, we took a look at you, and you weren’t any good.” – Walt Garrison / Oklahoma State
16. “Son, you’ve got a good engine, but your hands aren’t on the steering wheel.” – Bobby Bowden / Florida State
17. “Football is NOT a contact sport, it is a collision sport. Dancing IS a contact sport.” – Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State
18. After USC lost 51-0 to Notre Dame, his post-game message to his team was, “All those who need showers, take them.” – John McKay / USC
19. “If lessons are learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education.” – Murray Warmath / Minnesota
20. “The only qualifications for a lineman are to be big and dumb. To be a back, you only have to be dumb.” – Knute Rockne / Notre Dame
21. “We live one day at a time and scratch where it itches.” – Darrell Royal / Texas
22. “We didn’t tackle well today, but we made up for it by not blocking.” – John McKay / USC
23. “I’ve found that prayers work best when you have big players.” – Knute Rockne / Notre Dame
24. Ohio State ‘s Urban Meyer on one of his players:”He doesn’t know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesn’t know the meaning of a lot of words.”
25. Why do Tennessee fans wear orange? So they can dress that way for the game on Saturday, go hunting on Sunday, and pick up trash on Monday.
26. What does the average Alabama player get on his SATs? Drool.
27. How many Michigan State freshmen football players does it take to change a light bulb? None. That’s a sophomore course.
28. How did the Auburn football player die from drinking milk? The cow fell on him.
29. Two Texas A&M football players were walking in the woods. One of them said, “Look, a dead bird.”The other looked up in the sky and said,”Where?”
30. What do you say to a Florida State University football player dressed in a three-piece suit? “Will the defendant please rise.”
31. If three Rutgers football players are in the same car, who is driving? The police officer.
32. How can you tell if a Clemson football player has a girlfriend? There’s tobacco juice on both sides of the pickup truck.
33. What do you get when you put 32 Arkansas cheerleaders in one room? A full set of teeth.
34. University of Michigan Coach Jim Harbaugh is only going to dress half of his players for the game this week; the other half will have to dress themselves.
35. How is the Kansas football team like an opossum? They play dead at home and get killed on the road.
36. Why did the Tennessee linebacker steal a police car? He saw “911” on the side and thought it was a Porsche.
37. How do you get a former Illinois football player off your porch? Pay him for the pizza.
Filed under: family, Humor, Sports, Uncategorized | Tagged: Football | Leave a comment »