COVID Will Make Me Fly

This morning on my way into Home Depot to pick up some huge trash bags to stuff used winter coats in an idea popped into my head. I struggled while installing my face mask, and it occurred to me that my ears are out of capacity. My hearing aids hang off my ears, my glasses find a home there too, now when I hang on the elastic face mask keepers my ears begin to flap out. The vision of Walt Disney’s flying elephant Dumbo flashes through my mind. When will I be able to fly? My prediction is that if COVID-19 lasts much longer that I’ll fly pretty soon.

Alfred E. Neumann the cover boy of MAD Magazine has ears that project from his head like mine do with all the shit hanging off them. The prospect of flying by flapping my Alfred E. Neuman ears seems very possible.

What I fear more than anything is another shut down of business and a decreed lock down of citizens. The health effect on me has been noticeable. Mostly in my positive mindset. I seem to have taken huge steps backward into negativism. At an earlier age I realized that positivism beats negativism by a huge margin. BUT, in this environment the dark force of negativity seems to control. I see and hear Darth Vader speaking to Luke Sky Walker, and predicting his demise. Poor Luke had to fight off the evil empire all by himself, a task which seemed impossible, but Luke overcame the negative force and prevailed.

We too will prevail, but we need to remain positive to beat the evil curse of COVID. Once we take control we must then regain our drive to punish the real evil empire China for releasing this curse on the world. One tiny step I am taking to beat them is to avoid buying products originating in China. That is a chore, but it is possible.

As I write this the governor of Illinois J.B. Pritzker has decreed a shut down of indoor seating at restaurants. What that does is cripple the restaurant businesses. I don’t know about you, but the prospect of eating outside in thirty degree weather is not appealing. Even in a tent with three sides and portable heaters blasting away I can’t see myself enjoying a meal in that environment.

I finally hung a mask on my face when I confronted a huge sign on the door of Home Depot. “All customers must wear face mask covering their mouth and nose.” How simple a way to control the virus, I thought. A company makes a simple request and their customers comply. So why is the Democrat candidate for president making a huge deal about passing a law to make us wear masks? He truly believes this action will kill the virus. I’m afraid that the only thing to kill this virus is to flood the world with sanitizer, and even then the sanitizer kill ratio is 99.9% with leaves 0.1% to keep on coming at us.

What is scarier than a new shutdown is the prospect of Joe Biden winning this election and then retiring from the presidency. His successor will be Kamala Harris, and that is more scary than a witch flying across the sky on a broomstick. Even more scarier is if Kamala dies in office and Nancy Pelosi becomes the next leader of America.

All of these thoughts are causing me to have insomnia which is not healthy for a senior citizen.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Journeyman's Journal

This is a journal of the art of woodworking by hand

KetoJENic Vibe

Keto Junkie 🥓🥑🍳 Health and Wellness based, Easy Recipes, and Keto Product Reviews

Quotes Database

Your Site Of Influential Quotes!

The Lockdown Chef

A cooking survival guide for those who don't know how

myserenewords

Seeking Solace in the Horizon of Life & Beyond.

MRS. T’S CORNER

https://www.tangietwoods

ESL Ventures

Teach ESL and Travel the World

Heart Felt

This platform is for the people who likes to talk straight from the heart🤩

Suzette B's Blog

Inspiration and Spirituality **Award Free**

Bhutadarma

Nothing is impossible (at least that does not violate the laws of physics). When you can..violate the laws of physics!

I Know I Made You Smile

cartoons/humor/fiction/nonfiction

galesmind

Come take a journey through my mind

Nutsrok

The humor and humanity of storytelling.

Gamintraveler

Travel Couple and Digital Nomads on a World Travel

summershaffer

A topnotch WordPress.com site

blogsense-by-barb

at the Re-Birth of America!

The Honking Goose

something to honk about

THE WAKING GIANT

United States Second Amendment Pitbull

%d bloggers like this: