Guns kill people
Murderers use guns
Therefore, taking away guns eliminates killing.
Simple as apple pie, except it is fallacious reasoning, because not all killing is by guns, and the guns are only tools used by people.
Chicago and the State of Illinois have very strict gun laws. I know, I live in the Chicago area of Illinois. I researched what it takes to get a legal carry permit in Illinois. I learned that guns may only be carried by police and elected officials. The rest of us must carry our guns cast into a concrete block locked in the trunk of our cars.
Chicago had 500 Murders in 2012. That made it the murder capital of the United States. Chicago has the most strict gun ownership laws of any major city in the country. Therefore, it is my contention that since guns laws work, and since the only ones allowed to carry guns legally are the police, and elected officials, the murders could only have been committed by the police or elected officials. We all know the Chicago Police are of sterling character, and they are not involved in killing innocent people on the streets. That leaves the elected officials. Yes, the police must arrest the Mayor, Aldermen, and Precinct Captains. Who else is left to suspect? Gun laws work, so the only ones who could possibly be responsible for the killing are those who are legally allowed to carry. Also, since Chicago is 100 percent democrat, I contend that only democrat politicians are responsible for the murders.
- Senator Trotter’s Gun Law Workaround has Backfired (crimefilenews.com)
- Chicago sees 5th murder of 2013 as Ill. Dems push for statewide gun control laws (twitchy.com)
- Protecting Against Mass Murder -Part 1 (itmakessenseblog.com)
- Chicago police could see $500 bonus after a murder-free 2012 (itv.com)
- Rahm Emanuel’s idea of ‘sensible’ gun laws is ‘no guns, no carry’ (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- McDumbAss Threatens to Shoot Citizens (secondcitycop.blogspot.com)